Manage your pet insurance online
Register today and discover the benefits
Manage your Claims
Submit and manage your claims quickly and easily online.
Manage your Policies
View and download your policy documents.
Update your details
Update your personal and payment details.
How to make a claim
You can submit your pet insurance claim online or by post or email - whichever is more convenient for you.
Submitting your claim online will ensure you get the fastest response.
Follow these easy steps to submit your claim:
Submit your claim online
- Login to PetPortal
- Complete the relevant sections of the online claims system
- The system will prompt you to upload scanned receipts and other supporting documentation while you make your claim.
Submit your claim via post
- Login to PetPortal
- Download and complete Medibank Pet Insurance claim form
- Mail the completed Medibank Pet Insurance claim form with the original receipts and itemised invoice within 90 days of the date the expenses were incurred, to:
Medibank Pet Insurance - Claims Department
Locked Bag 9021
Castle Hill NSW 1765
Important points when making your claim
- You have completed the claim form
- You have attached a full veterinary history if this is your first claim (no history is required for Routine Care claims)
- You have attached the original itemised invoices and receipts
- You and your vet have signed the form
- Up to 80% of your pet’s veterinary bills covered
- We aim to have your claim processed within five working days
- Payments can either be made directly into your bank account or by cheque.
Terms, conditions and waiting periods apply. Medibank Pet Insurance is general insurance issued by the insurer The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (ACN 090 584 473; AFSL 241436) (Hollard), is promoted by Medibank Private Limited (ACN 080 890 259; AR 286089) (Medibank) and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 075 949 923; AFSL 420183) (PetSure). Medibank acts as an authorised representative of PetSure. Medibank will receive a commission which is a percentage of the premium paid to Hollard and PetSure may receive a portion of the underwriting profit, if any - ask PetSure for more details. Any advice provided is general only, has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. Consequently, before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of this information having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should obtain and consider the product disclosure statement (PDS) in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, Medibank Pet Insurance. PetSure can be contacted by telephone: 132 331 or by mail: Locked Bag 9021, Castle Hill, NSW 1765.