Managing your health: your checklist
Are you managing your health as well as you could be?
Use this checklist to see if you are managing your health as well as you could be.
- I understand how my condition effects my body and health.
- I know what treatment options are available.
- I have a care plan that I helped develop and review.
- I am taking active steps to prevent complications and improve my overall health and wellbeing.
- I know how to manage my condition to minimise its effect on my physical, mental and emotional health and my relationships with friends and family.
- I know what signs and symptoms to look out for when I’m experiencing a flare-up and what to do if they occur.
- I know what things might hold me back from managing my condition as well as I could and I have strategies to deal with them.
- I have access to the services I need.
Talk to your doctor or qualified health professional if you can’t tick yes to any of the boxes above.
Learn more about bowel cancerRead more
When you should see a doctor for a coldRead more