Texas squealer burger recipe
Make these for your mates, and they'll make you a throne to sit on.
Think burger but with bacon infused through the beef mince. Using smoked cheddar just takes it to the next level. Very simple, super juicy and tasty.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. In a mixing bowl combine beef, bacon and mustard. Mix until all combined.
2. Divide mince mixture into three or four balls. Using hands mould each ball into a burger shape making sure there are no big cracks and burger is even thickness all over. The thinner the burger quicker it will take to cook.
3. Gently rub a little oil onto burger and season it like you would a steak.
4. Place burger onto a hot grill and cook four approx 3-4 minutes before trying to flip or move it. Let it create a good seal. Flip burger and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Flip again and layer cheese onto burger and let cheese melt. Remove from grill and let rest while you set up your burger buns.
5. Slice buns in half. Toast them under grill with a slice of cheese on the bottom half. Starting from the bottom half of the bun burger, bbq sauce, mayo, pickles and the lid.
6. Prepare for juiciness...
- Make your own easy coffee and chipotle BBQ sauce.
- To get a nice even and circular shaped burger, place some cling film on a flat side plate. Place burger on to plate and mould burger into plate. Lift cling film up to release burger.
- Try using other types of mince like pork, lamb or kangaroo.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more