If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a food processor blitz chillies,half the lime zest and lime juice, garlic, oil, salt, pepper & the bottom stalks of the coriander (finely chopped) and save rest for serving.
3. Rub this marinade all over pork and leave to marinate for at least an hour or preferably overnight.
4. For the pickled onion. Combine 80ml of vinegar, 20g sugar and mix until sugar dissolves. Add onion rings, toss, cover and leave for 30 mins.
5. For the crema mix the rest of the lime juice, sour cream and chilli powder and set aside.
6. Once the pork has had a good marinating session its time to cook this hunk of love. Cook on a high heat on bbq or fry pan getting a good charred seal all over. Place in oven for approx 10 mins (depending on thickness of loin). Once cooked leave to rest for at least 5 mins.
7. While pork is resting throw the wrapped tacos onto bbq (turning a couple times) or in the oven for 5mins to warm up.
8. With a nice sharp knife thinly slice up that pork ready for serving.
9. Time to eat. Taco-pork-onion-crema-coriander-squeeze of lime juice – yum.
- Serve with chilli black beans.
- Chipotles in abodo sauce is quite a common way to buy chipotles. They come in a can/jar and can be found at specialty supermarkets. They can be brought online. They are well worth the purchase!
- This recipe would work well with chicken thigh or breast meat, prawns, beef or lamb strips.