Pork and peanut tacos recipe
A rich and tasty peanut sauce makes these tacos a mouthwatering feast.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. To cook the pork, add to a large pot and cover with the water ¾ of the pot.
2. Add a pinch of salt, garlic and onion. Bring to the boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 1 hour.
3. Strain the pork and place in a bowl reserving the broth.
4. To make the peanut sauce place peanuts, tomatoes, sesame seeds, salt and pepper into a blender and grind to a paste. You may need to scrape the sides with a plastic spatula once or twice so that all the ingredients are combined well.
5. Add the sauce and the pork to a frypan and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Heat tortillas in the oven for 1–2 minutes. Alternatively, heat a frypan and add the tortillas, one at a time. Cook for 1–2 minutes each side. Keep warm while you heat the rest of the tortillas.
7. Serve the pork with peanut sauce on the hot corn tortillas.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more