Edamame soba noodles and crispy sesame tofu recipe
A fresh, quick and deliciously light dish by Michelle Bridges.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Place the tofu on a double thickness of paper towel and pat dry. Season to taste on all sides.
2. Put the noodles and edamame in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water, then stand for 5 minutes or until the noodles separate easily. Drain. Divide among four bowls and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place the egg white in a bowl and whisk until very frothy. Add the flour and sesame seeds and whisk until well combined and smooth. Season to taste.
4. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the tofu to the egg white mixture and toss to coat well. Carefully add the tofu to the hot pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until heated through, crisp and golden on both sides.
5. Divide the tofu among the noodle bowls and top with the sugar snap peas and leaves. Drizzle with ponzu sauce and serve warm.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more