Injured at work

Compensation for people injured at work in South Australia

If your workplace injury occurred in South Australia, and you have or are likely to incur medical costs or lost income, you should register your injury and lodge a claim through the WorkCover SA. You should also inform Medibank about the incident.

If you've been injured at work:

  1. Make sure you seek treatment straight away. Your doctor or specialist will also be able to advise you on the process for making a claim through WorkCover SA.
  2. Notify your employer in writing as soon as you can.
  3. Download and complete the, Medibank Compensation Questionnaire.
  4. Visit the WorkCover SA to lodge your claim and learn more.

Medibank Compensation Questionnaire

When you have suffered an injury or illness that is subject to compensation you will most likely require medical services. These services need to be marked as related to the injury or illness because if you pursue your legal rights at a later date, you will need evidence from Medibank outlining the medical expenses which it paid specifically relating to your medical condition, including any gap payments.

This form is also required for those who do not want to pursue their legal rights, as it is a member requirement within Medibank’s Fund Rules to complete the Compensation Questionnaire if the member has suffered an injury or illness that is subject to compensation.


If you have any questions about the compensation process or your specific circumstances, you can contact the Compensation Department via:

Telephone: 1300 880 276


Fax: (03) 8622 5691