Spicy miso eggplant recipe
Simple and succulent with Japanese flavour and a kick of chilli. Meg Tanaka of Melbourne cafe CIBI shares her grandmother’s delicious recipe.
1 eggplant, cut into 5 cm wedge
1 green capsicum, sliced into 5-6 cm length
1 tea spoon dried chilli
½ cup olive oil
100 g red miso
50 g sugar
50 ml mirin
Some roasted white sesame (if you like)
1. Heat a wok or large pan with oil.
2. Add dried chilli and infuse the flavor to the oil.
3. Add eggplant, stir well and cook until they become soft.
4. Add capsicum and stir well for a couple of minutes.
5. Add miso, sugar, and mirin stir well.
6. Serve on a plate, and sprinkle roasted sesame if you like.
Try more tasty dishes at Meg's Collingwood eatery CIBI.