Chicken sliders with paprika potato wedges recipe
Brighten up your evening with a fun, flavour-packed feast the whole family will love.
Serves: 4 (2 sliders per person)
Paprika potato wedges
8 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
Rice bran oil, for drizzling
Ground paprika, mild, for dusting
2 large chicken breast fillets, butterflied
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
8 wholemeal dinner rolls, with sesame seeds
1 cos lettuce, leaves separated
2 tomatoes, sliced
8 teaspoons aioli, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) fan-forced.
2. Place potato wedges on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with a small amount of oil. Dust with a generous amount of paprika and season with salt. Toss well and cook for 1 hour.
3. Tenderise chicken fillets with a meat mallet and cut each breast into quarters. Place soy and lemon juice in a bowl and add chicken pieces.
4. Heat a grill pan (or frying pan) on medium to high heat with one teaspoon of oil. Place chicken pieces in the pan (to avoid over crowding the pan, cook in batches) and cook each side for approximately 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked (lower heat if they are browning too quickly).
5. To prepare sliders, place 1 or 2 lettuce leaves in each roll. Top with sliced tomato, chicken fillet and one teaspoon of aioli.
6. Serve with potato wedges.
Recipe from My Secret Ingredient by Emily Rose Brott.