12 month's cover
Covers multiple journeys for international and domestic travel throughout the year
A single payment for a year’s worth of travel insurance
Choose your area
A customisable quote based on destination
Your insurance shouldn’t go on holiday too
Our team of experienced doctors, nurses, travel consultants and case managers are here for you, 24/7. They can help:
- find you appropriate medical treatment
- monitor your medical care
- pay larger medical bills directly to the hospital ~
- arrange your medical evacuation ~
- change onward travel plans
- help you replace lost travel documents or credit cards
Covers travel to:
- USA including Hawaii
- South America
- Destinations not listed in the other areas (where sanctions don't apply)
Covers travel to:
- Middle East
- New Zealand
- Domestic cruises
Covers travel to:
- Norfolk Island
- Antarctica sightseeing flights
Domestic travel insurance
Cover for travel within Australia, including travel cancellations and delays 4, rental car excess and luggage and personal effects.3
We’ve got your questions covered
If you are taking out a policy, you can check if you have a pre-existing medical condition without the need to visit your doctor or supply a medical report - simply read through the ‘Existing Medical Conditions' section in the Product Disclosure Statement or conduct a self-assessment as part of the online application process.
There are three categories of medical conditions:
- conditions we automatically include cover for.
- conditions which cannot be covered.
- conditions we need to assess.
Please review each of these categories to determine which category applies to you. You can view the Product Disclosure Statement to find a full definition of 'Existing Medical Conditions' and what we automatically cover.
Note: If you have an existing condition that does not fit the criteria under “Existing Medical Conditions we automatically include” and you do not apply for and purchase the appropriate cover, we will not pay any claim arising from, relating to, or associated with, your condition.
Medibank Travel Insurance provides cover for when the unexpected happens, whether that's a medical situation overseas, lost luggage, travel delays or theft.
When you buy a policy, you're provided with a 24 hour worldwide hotline that you can call for emergency assistance from anywhere around the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Yes, but you must take all reasonable precautions to protect your luggage, which means ensuring that you do not leave it unsupervised and taking all necessary steps to avoid any loss or damage.
Note that the loss or theft of luggage, personal effects, travel documents or money must be reported within 24 hours to the police and a responsible transport provider if your items are lost or stolen whilst travelling with a Transport Provider. A written report must be obtained at the time.
Other terms and conditions and exclusions may also apply.
For more information, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement.
If your claim relates to a medical condition(s), you need to have your regular doctor in Australia complete this section of the form.
Can I get travel insurance that covers my pregnancy?
Yes, you can purchase our travel insurance that will provide you with cover for up to your 26th week of pregnancy. However, please note the following important points:
1. If you are aware of the pregnancy at the time of issue of the policy, an online medical assessment must be completed if either of the following apply:
· there have been complications with this or any previous pregnancy;
· you are having a multiple pregnancy (e.g. twins or triplets); or
· the conception was medically assisted (including hormone therapies and IVF).
You can complete an assessment by either visiting your nearest Medibank store, online at medibank.com.au/travel or by calling 134 190.
2. Cover is only provided for unexpected serious pregnancy complications which occur before the
26th week of pregnancy.
3. No cover is provided for childbirth or the health of a newborn child, irrespective of the stage of pregnancy at which the child is born.
Expectant mothers should therefore consider whether they travel and buy this policy, particularly if travelling beyond the 20th week of pregnancy.
You can view or download the Product Disclosure Statement to find full Details regarding pregnancy on page 21.
Things you should know
* - Australian residents 18+ only. Starts: 18/06/18 9am AEST. Ends: 30/09/18 11:59 pm AEST. To enter, purchase a Medibank or ahm travel insurance policy during the promotional period. If multiple people specified on Medibank or ahm travel insurance policy, only the first adult stated on the Certificate of Insurance will be entered into the draw. Policy must not be cancelled at time of draw to be eligible. Draw: 16/10/18 at 02:30 pm AEDT, L2/35 Little Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000. Prize: trip for 2 adults to London, UK to see a premier league football match (valued at up to AUD$10,000). Winner published at www.facebook.com/Medibank/ and in The Australian on 23/10/18. Promoters: Medibank Private Limited ABN 47 080 890 259, L1/720 Bourke St, Docklands VIC 3008; and Australian Health Management Group Pty Limited ABN 96 003 683 298, L2/720 Bourke St, Docklands VIC 3008. See full Terms and Conditions for more details. ACT Permit No. TP18/00842, NSW Permit No. LTP/18/24397 and SA Permit No. T18/767.
Travel must be taken to coincide with a premier league football match taking place between 01/11/18 and 31/05/19, as chosen by Medibank and subject to the premier league 2018/2019 schedule.
~ - Subject to approval
1 - Cover is limited to a maximum duration of up to 30, 45 or 60 days for international trips or 15 or 30 days on domestic trips depending on the duration choice you make
2 - Reduced limits may apply for customers 70 years or over. Medical cover will not exceed 12 months from the onset of the illness or injury. Only applies to international policies.
3 - Item limits apply. See page 11 Combined FSG/PDS for more information.
4 - Conditions apply to cancellation cover. Only applies to the International Comprehensive and Domestic policies. Reduced limits may apply for customers 70 years or over.
Limits, sub-limits, exclusions and conditions apply. This is general advice only. Medibank Private Limited, ABN 47 080 890 259, an Authorised Representative, AR 286089, of Travel Insurance Partners Pty Limited, ABN 73 144 049 230 AFSL 360138 who issues the insurance on behalf of the insurer. The issuer is Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507. Please review your own needs and consider the Combined FSG/PDS available from Medibank stores or medibank.com.au/travel to decide if this product is right for you.