Make a claim
How to make a claim
You can submit your travel insurance claim online or by post, fax or email - whichever is more convenient for you. Submitting your claim online will ensure you get the fastest response. Follow these easy steps to submit your claim:
Submit your claim online
- Complete the relevant sections of the online claims system.
- The system will prompt you to upload scanned receipts and other supporting documentation while you make your claim.
Complete and post in a claim form
- Download and complete the relevant sections of the claim form below.
- Collect any documentation we require - you'll find each section of the claim form provides details on required documentation, such as police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership. We require originals, so please make copies of these documents before posting the originals in.
- Post your completed claim form along with any supporting documentation within 60 days to:
Medibank Travel Insurance Team
c/o Travel Insurance Partners Claims Dept
PO Box 168, North Sydney
Important points when making your claim
If you purchased your travel insurance on or after 1 March 2012:
- You must lodge full details of your as soon as possible and claim in writing within 60 days of your return.
- You must give us any information we ask for to support your claim, such as police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership.
- You must report the loss or theft of luggage, personal effects, travel documents or money within 24 hours to the police or responsible transport provider and a written report must be obtained at the time.
- You must contact the 24 hour emergency assistance team as soon as possible if you are admitted to hospital or you anticipate your medical expenses will exceed $4,000AUD.
- Claims are payable in Australian dollars to you.
- We will settle claims in Australian dollars. The rate of currency exchange that will apply is the rate at the time you incurred the expense.
- If you can claim from anyone else, we will only make up the difference. You must claim from them first.
- When a claims incident arises, please also consider Policy Condition 4 on page 40 of the Product Disclosure Statement..
Still need help?
If you have any queries, please read our FAQs. Alternatively, you may also contact our Claims Department directly by:
Find the right travel insurance to suit you
Medibank Travel Insurance gives you leading hospital, accident and medical evacuation cover while you're travelling. We have International travel insurance, Domestic travel insurance or Annual Multi Trip if you travel more frequently.