What happens if I need treatment while I have OSHC cover ?

If you need treatment, you can choose any general practitioner you like or if it’s an emergency, go to your nearest hospital. If necessary, the doctor will refer you to a specialist for further treatment. Both specialists and general practitioners may order x-rays or pathology tests.

If you require admission to a hospital, you may choose to be admitted to either a public hospital as a private patient, or a private hospital.