Tomato and capsicum soup recipe
Nothing says comfort like a warm bowl of soup.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cut the capsicums into quarters and remove the seeds and membranes. Arrange on one of the prepared trays and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
3. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and arrange on the second tray, cut side up. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
4. Place the trays in the oven and roast the vegetables for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
6. Add the paprika and chilli and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Add the roasted capsicum and tomato, then stir in the chopped basil and sauté for 20 minutes or until softened and collapsed.
8. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium–low and simmer for a further 20 minutes.
9. Blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth and creamy.
10. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary, then serve garnished with the basil leaves.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more