Victorian hospital experiences
Many factors can influence how satisfied a patient is with their experience during an overnight stay in hospital.
We’ve compared participating hospitals of similar sizes, as we know this plays a role in how satisfied our members were with their experience (for example, larger hospitals with an emergency department that service a large volume of patients tend to be louder – as you’d expect).
Survey results for hospitals in Victoria:
- Cabrini Hospital Brighton
- Cabrini Hospital Malvern
- Epworth Eastern
- Epworth Freemasons
- Epworth Geelong
- Epworth Richmond
- Holmesglen Private Hospital
- John Fawkner Private Hospital
- Knox Private Hospital
- Melbourne Private Hospital
- Northpark Private Hospital
- Ringwood Private Hospital
- St John of God Ballarat Hospital
- St John of God Bendigo Hospital
- St John of God Berwick Hospital
- St John of God Geelong Hospital
- St Vincent's Private Hospital East Melbourne
- St Vincent's Private Hospital Fitzroy
- St Vincent's Private Hospital Kew
- Mulgrave Private Hospital
Can't find your hospital?
Patient experience information is not available for all hospitals. Hospitals must have a minimum of 25 Patient Experience Surveys completed by Medibank members in the last 12 months to be eligible to have their results published.
This information is reflective of Medibank members’ experience when staying overnight in hospital for acute care. Some hospitals that provide rehabilitation or psychiatric treatment and day-procedure only hospitals will also not be listed.
Some eligible private hospitals may have chosen not to have their results published.
View hospital experience scores
We surveyed over 30,000 members who’ve stayed overnight in an Australian private or public hospital, to better understand what they liked and disliked about their care. Their experiences have helped build this tool for you. This tool reflects member experience but does not reflect clinical outcomes.
Going to hospital
Going to hospital can be stressful, and the last thing you need is to worry about how much it’s going to cost. That’s why we’ve created a Going to Hospital guide; to give you a rundown of how it works, and what you can expect to pay out of your own pocket