What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Fill a small saucepan about 2 cm full with oil and heat until it just starts to shimmer.
3. Add the cauliflower and fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel. Then add the onions and cook until crisp and lightly golden. Remove and drain.
4. Spread the flatbread onto the prepared tray, sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
5. Place the ghee in a shallow frying pan over low heat. When melted, add the almonds and cook until golden. This happens quite quickly so make sure you keep your eye on the ball while tossing the almonds around. Drain on paper towel.
6. To make the dressing, place all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
7. To serve, fold the chickpeas, sultanas, almonds and cauliflower together in a large salad bowl. Add the coriander, parsley and basil, top with the fried onion and drizzle the tahini dressing over. Finally, gently fold in the toasted flatbread.
Recipe from Alimentari by Linda and Paul Jones, published by Hardie Grant Books RRP $39.99 – available nationally.