12 things you need when travelling Australia
Australia has an abundance of spectacular landscapes to explore. Whether you’re a seasoned traveller or planning your first trip, why not start preparing for your adventures.
To get you started, we’ve pulled together a list of essentials we suggest you take on the road with you. But remember, if things really do go wrong, you’re in good hands when you have our health insurance for students, workers and visitors from overseas.
- Band aids for minor cuts or skin injuries.
- Antiseptic to clean wounds.
- Bandages to support strained limbs or reduce swelling.
- Cold pack (disposable and instant) for swelling or skin reactions.
- Eye wash for cleaning out infected eyes.
- Hand wash or antibacterial gel to keep your hands clean when without water.
- Insect repellent to deter mosquitos (mozzies) and insects.
- Oral rehydration salts to help when you’re dehydrated from physical activity or illness.
- Sunscreen to prevent sunburn, even on cool or overcast days**.**
- Saline to clean grazes or cuts.
- Stingose to provide relief from mozzie or insect bites.
- Tweezers for helping remove splinters.
You might also like to take a full first aid kit with you. You can buy them from St John Ambulance Australia, as well as some chemists, office supply and hardware stores.