Preparing and recovering from hospital
It’s no doubt that going to hospital or starting medical treatment can be a stressful time – so it’s important that you feel as prepared as possible.
If you are a Medibank member and going to hospital for a specific procedure you may be able to access Health Concierge, a service that provides members personalised assistance, extra support and care when it’s needed most.
Medibank’s Health Concierge aims to help take the stress out of a diagnosis, an ongoing condition, or an upcoming hospital stay. It starts with a call from a Concierge – skilled in providing exceptional support to people in a range of circumstances – who can assess your circumstances and offer support that best suits your needs.
Tips for your hospital stay
If you are just looking for some helpful tips and information to get prepared for your stay – you’ll find everything you need here in our Going to Hospital guide, including:
- How to prepare for your hospital stay: advice on getting organised.
- Tips for your time in hospital: how to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
- Home from hospital: how to stay healthy.
- Managing your medications: Learn how to keep on top of your medications when you come home from hospital.
- Tips for using and choosing private hospital cover: Learn what's included in your cover.
- Understanding hospital costs: Make sure you’re fully informed on the costs before you go to hospital.
- The cost of your procedure: See the costs involved in procedures like hip and knee replacements, ACL repair, and many more using our interactive tool.
Read our Going to Hospital Guide here.
Need more support?
If you are a Medibank member, and want to learn more call us 134 190. And if you want to learn more about Health Concierge you can chat with our in-store team today or call 1300 733 338
Should you go to the doctor, or the emergency department?Read more