Health literacy - implications for Australians
This report, prepared for Medibank Private Limited by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), considers the existing body of evidence surrounding health literacy from both an Australian and international context, and develops recommendations for improving health literacy in Australia.
The research contained in this report has been sourced through a combination of academic literature, publically available reports, websites, and through consultation with two international experts in health literacy.
The report covers:
- the definition and measurement of health literacy
- the impacts of having low health literacy
- the impacts of the internet and online information on health literacy
- lessons from other jurisdictions
- recommendations for discussion on the future of health literacy in Australia, which for completeness and ease of reference are summarised at the end of the document as well as included throughout the report.
Back to top