New Gapcover claims processing system
Medibank has recently implemented a new GapCover claim processing system. This system enables faster processing of claims submitted directly to us by doctors. However, the system can only process claims that use our current standard format. Please follow these simple requirements so your claims can be processed using the new system:
- Use the latest batch header form which can be downloaded from this website;
- Attach up to 20 accounts per batch header; and
- Print each account on a separate page.
The new system cannot process claims submitted in the following previously used formats:
- Previous versions of our batch header forms;
- Accounts presented on old Medibank Private doctor account forms; or
- Multiple accounts printed on a single page.
We will continue to manually process accounts presented in previously used formats until 31 December 2005. After this date, all accounts must be in the current standard format.
We recommend that GapCover claims are submitted directly to Medibank Private rather than given to your patient. As a provider, you are required to submit all GapCover accounts directly to Medibank. We are unable to process GapCover accounts submitted by patients.