Pumpkin seeds (pepitas) contain protein, glutamate, vitamin B and magnesium. Sunflower seeds are a good source of folate (which promotes a healthy immune system), and vitamin E (an antioxidant which helps healthy hair and skin). Flax seeds contain soluble fibre and Omega-3 fatty acid.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. In a nonstick pan, melt the coconut butter and agave on medium heat until runny, siring often.
2. Mix all remaining ingredients (apart from sesame seeds) in a mixing bowl until well combined, then add to the pan. Stir frequently.
3. Toast until golden, then immediately remove from heat.
4. Add ingredients to a blender and mix at 3 second intervals. The ingredients should still be chunky and not blended.
5. Transfer mixture to a flat pan and press down using a spatula. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. (Tip: if the mixture doesn’t seem sticky enough, melt some more coconut butter and agave and drizzle on top.)
6. Transfer to fridge to set (this will take a few hours). Once set, cut into squares and store in an airtight container, or wrap individually for an on-the-go snack!