1. Begin by kneeling with your right leg forward, ensuring your hip, thigh, knee, shin, ankle and foot are pointing straight ahead.
2. Lunge forward to extend the back hip and place the left hand alongside the inner arch of the front foot.
3. Rotating your chest towards your knee, you can reach your free arm up to the ceiling to further rotate the chest and rib cage.
There are numerous modifications and variations of this stretch. Try any or all of the following:
- Lift your back knee to fully straighten your back leg
- Cross your front arm over the outside of your front leg
- Drop down on to your front elbow
- Anchor your bottom elbow over the outside of your front knee
Stretch out your whole body with the be. Stretching Guide.