Mother’s Day is the perfect time to think about the women in your life. And one excellent way to show your love and support is to help raise awareness and essential research funds for one of the most common cancers affecting Australian women – breast cancer.
The Mother’s Day Classic is a supportive, family-friendly fun run (and walk!) held in each of Australia’s capital cities, as well as several regional locations. With a lively and social atmosphere, it’s no wonder it’s one of the most-loved events on the Australian fitness calendar. Whether you walk, run, cheer, volunteer or sponsor, it’s a fantastic morning out – and you’ll be helping to make a real difference for Australian women and their families affected by breast cancer.
Breast cancer in Australia
Did you know that…
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women in Australia.
- One in eight women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime.
- More than two in three cases of breast cancer occur in women aged between 40 and 69 years.
- On average, seven women die from breast cancer every day in Australia. Finding breast cancer early increases the chance of surviving the disease.
- Although rare, breast cancer can also affect men, accounting for about 1 per cent of cases. Around 110 men are diagnosed with breast cancer in Australia each year (Source: The National Breast Cancer Foundation).
Get your loved ones together, be active this Mother’s Day, and help create a better future.
Registrations for the 2015 Mother’s Day Classic are open now at mothersdayclassic.com.au