If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Thoroughly wash the kale, remove and discard the thick lower part of the stalk and finely chop the leaves. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the chorizo until golden all over, remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Discard any excess oil keeping only about a tablespoon or so.
4. Add the onions, garlic and chilli, if using, to the pan and sauté for 1–2 minutes, until golden.
5. Add the tomatoes and their juice and kale, season with salt and pepper and cook for 3–4 minutes until the kale starts to wilt.
6. Add the water, cover and cook for about 5–8 minutes, until the kale is tender.
7. Return the chorizo sausage to the pan and combine with the kale.
8. Make 4 wells in the mixture in the pan and gently crack an egg into each one.
9. Cook on gentle heat until the eggs are set to your liking. Check and adjust the seasoning and serve with crusty bread.
Recipe from Cooking with Kale by Rena Patten, available now from New Holland Publishers.