Michelle Bridges knows a thing or two about reaching goals. “The real essence of my job is changing the way people think, because if you can change the way people think, people can then change their lives,” she says.
And given that 92% of Australians believe that making healthy changes will have long-term rewards, it might be time to put that idea into action.
Here’s how Michelle achieves anything she sets out to do.
1. Ask yourself, “What do you want?” Whether it’s to run a half marathon or to lose 5 kilos, knowing what you want is the first step to making any kind of change.
2. Believe in yourself. You have to believe that you can achieve what you want. Having belief in yourself can be the difference between giving up after one setback and pushing on until you get where you want to be.
3. Have a plan. You need a blueprint and remember a tantrum is not a plan, strong plans and real changes never come out of a meltdown, your must take action!
4. Slay the excuses. What excuses or stories are you listening to? So the real question is, what are you prepared to sacrifice for what you want?
5. “Just Freaking Do It”. What can you do today to get the ball rolling? In my experience, once you take that first step, the next step appears. But you need to take that step.