If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Sieve plain flour and mixed spice. Rub butter into the flour until well incorporated and add dry yeast, castor sugar, sultanas, currants and chocolate dots. Add the milk and eggs and mix well. Place on a floured surface and gently knead dough for ten minutes until smooth and velvety. Cover and leave to rise for one hour or until mixture has doubled in size.
3. Gently knead for 2 minutes then divide into 12. Gently knead into balls and shape into buns. Arrange in a greased baking tin and leave to rise again for 15 minutes.
4. Combine ingredients for flour paste crosses and place in a piping bag. Pipe crosses onto buns.
5. Bake for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 170°C and bake for a further 20 minutes.
6. Turn onto a wire rack, serve hot with butter, if desired.
This recipe was provided by Sunbeam.