Puy lentils hold their shape very well during cooking and bring a firm texture and nutty flavour to this salad. You can find dried Puy lentils in most large supermarkets.
What to do
1. Place lentils, water, salt, dried thyme, and dried rosemary into a medium-size saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until cooked but still firm. Drain well, place in a large bowl, and allow to cool until required.
2. Chop tomatoes into a large dice and mince garlic. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté garlic and tomatoes until garlic is tender and the tomatoes have started to soften. Add lentils and tomatoes to lentils.
3. Peel and dice red onion and add to lentil and tomatoes along with spinach.
4. To make dressing: whisk together all ingredients. Pour over salad and mix everything gently with two large salad servers or with clean hands.
5. Serve room temperature or chilled. Lasts well in the fridge for up to two days.
Discover more of Amy’s delicious recipes at thoroughlynourishedlife.com