If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Fill the saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Blanch the asparagus for 1 minute, then drain and set aside to cool.
3. Roughly chop the asparagus and place in the bowl of the food processor.
4. Add the parmesan, spinach and herbs, then process until finely chopped.
5. Add the garlic to the food processor along with the toasted pine nuts and lemon zest.
6. Process until you have a rough paste.
7. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil.
8. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
9. Scrape the pesto into the serving bowl and serve.
Recipe provided by the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation.