Everybody loves curling up on the couch with a nice warm drink on a cold winter’s night – and this dairy free alternative is both delicious and nutritious. Cinnamon not only gives this drink a beautiful flavour, it is also has the benefit of balancing out blood sugar levels, helping to control sweet cravings.
1 cup raw almonds
3 cups water
4 medjool dates, pitted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Soak almonds in water overnight. Drain and rinse.
2. Add almonds and water to a high speed blender and whizz for 1 ½ minutes to make your ‘milk’. Strain the blended liquid through a nut bag or muslin cloth into a bowl or jug.
3. Add your almond milk back to the blender and add the rest of the ingredients. Whizz on high speed for 1 minute or until everything is well blended.
4. Pour the milk into a pot and gently heat on medium heat until it just starts to boil.
5. Pour into 4 mugs, sprinkle with extra cinnamon and serve.
This milk can be stored in the fridge for 3 days.
Note: You can store the leftover almond pulp in the freezer to use for other recipes such as gluten free cakes and biscuits.