2 kg broad beans in pod
juice of 1 lemon
1 handful of mixed herbs
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Pod the broad beans.
3. Boil the beans in water for 15 minutes, until tender.
4. Drain and peel the cooked beans.
5. Add the beans to a mortar with the lemon juice, herbs, garlic, oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pound to a smooth paste with a pestle.
6. Taste for salt and pepper and season if necessary.