How many steps do you take each day? Many experts recommend 10,000 steps as a good goal for healthy adults. Finding ways to fit in plenty of physical activity throughout your week has a huge range of rewards – from better fitness and weight control, to improved mood, lower stress and mental health, to reduced risk of many health problems including heart disease and some cancers.
How Fitbit can help you get active
One way to make being more active a breeze is to track your steps. An activity tracker can help give you the metrics and motivation you need to boost you towards your goals. With a Fitbit Flex, you can:
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes.
- Set daily training and calorie goals, earn badges, and challenge friends to get fit.
- Be active in rain or shine – the Fitbit Flex is water resistant.
- Monitor progress towards your goal with LED indicators.
- Monitor your sleep and be woken with a silent, vibrating alarm.
- Share your results and progress with friends on social media.
Now, about those rewards….
Feeling your best is the top reward for healthy choices, but sometimes we all deserve a little extra recognition – and that’s why we started the Active Rewards program for Medibank members, to reward healthy decisions with Flybuys points.
To get your points, all you need to do is walk 10,000 steps a day and track it with your Fibit. Then how you use your points is up to you…