Make a hairy caterpillar
A perfect book to read before this craft activity is The Very Hungry Caterpillar
What to do
1. If your stocking has holes at both ends, tie a secure knot in one end.
2. In the bucket, mix the potting mix with the grass seed.
3. Cut the bottom off the coffee cup. Using the cup as a funnel, trowel the seed and soil mix into the stocking.
4. Tie a knot so that your caterpillar is closed at both ends.
7. Soak the caterpillar in water for ten minutes to make sure the grass seed gets really wet.
8. Drain the caterpillar. To make antennae, open the wire hair pin or pipe cleaners to form a V shape. Where the caterpillar’s head will be, stick one end through the stocking and back up again to form the ‘antennae’ shape. If you have them, press a styrofoam ball on each end of the hair pin to make feelers, or glue a pompom on each end.
9. With the colourful yarn, sew on the large buttons as eyes.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more