Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Attach the two pieces of timber together to form a cross. Make sure the arms are not too long for a shirt or jacket to be put on later. If they are, put the shirt or jacket in place prior to nailing the pieces together.
2. Cut the hessian into a square and stuff it with straw into the shape of a head. Tie the head loosely at the neck end.
3. Paint a face on with acrylic paint or permanent marker, or stitch features with wool or thread.
4. Slide the head onto the vertical pole, then, attach the head to the body by tying tightly with string or wire.
5. Drape any clothing onto the poles.
6. Tie off at the wrist, ankles and waist and stuff with straw. Repeat this process with the pants.
7. Attach strand of wool, straw or other fibre under a hat.
8. Fix the hat with a nail, or sew it onto the head.
9. Tie gloves to the outstretched ends of the crossbar.
10. Stuff the socks and boots with straw.
11. Attach the boots to the end of the pants, using the socks and string to secure.
12. Experiment with any materials you can find!