Butter bean salad recipe
Simple to throw together, this bean salad is a delightful classic, brought to life with fragrant herbs fresh from the garden.
|Fresh from the garden:||Shallots or spring onions, soft herbs|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
2. Open the cans of beans and tip them into the colander. Rinse (you can reserve the rinsing water and use it on the garden) and tip into the large bowl.
3. Add the spring onion or shallot along with the herbs.
4. Add the olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine the ingredients and taste, adding more salt and pepper or olive oil as needed.
5. Spoon into a salad bowl and serve.
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Warming and hearty - this dish is great for all the familyRead more