Broad bean salad
Hero seasonal produce with this fresh, simple salad.
|Fresh from the garden:||Broad beans, lemon, mint|
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Fill the medium saucepan with water and put it on to boil.
2. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
3. Cook the beans in the boiling water for 5 minutes or until just tender.
4. Tip the cooked broad beans into the colander, refresh them under cold running water and drain.
5. Peel and discard the skins (double pod).
6. Whisk together the lemon juice and oil in the small jug.
7. Season with pepper.
8. Combine the broad beans, lemon zest, mint and feta in the large bowl and toss.
9. Divide among platters, and drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.
Healthy herb fritters ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.Read more