Zucchini and avocado fritters with lemon coconut yoghurt recipe
Deliciously fresh and light, these fritters make the perfect brunch
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. To make the fritters, place the grated zucchini in a colander with some salt. Sit for 10 minutes to release the moisture. Squeeze dry with your hands.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the zucchini and all the remaining fritter ingredients except the coconut oil and mix well.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add large spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture in batches. Use a spatula to gently press the mixture to flatten.
4. After 3 minutes, turn the fritters and cook the other side for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat until the batter is used up.
5. To make the lemon coconut yoghurt, combine the Coyo, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl. Season and sprinkle with paprika.
6. Serve the fritters with avocado, rocket and a dollop of lemon coconut yoghurt.
Recipe from The Healthy Life by Jessica Sepel, available now from Pan Macmillan Australia.