Silverbeet, chickpea and ricotta rolls recipe
Healthy vegetarian alternative to the classic sausage roll.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1.Preheat oven to 180 C
2. Heat a non stick fry pan over medium heat, spray with oil and add onion and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add garlic and mint and cook a few minutes more, add silverbeet stems and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add leaves and cook until wilted.
5. Remove from heat and combine with beaten eggs in a large bowl.
6. Add cheeses, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds and parsley, nutmeg and lemon juice season with salt & pepper and mix well.
7. Lay 2 sheets of filo on a flat surface and place ¼ of the mixture at one end of the pastry.
8. Roll up, tucking sides in and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, seam side down.
9. Repeat 3 times to make four rolls.
10. Spray with oil and sprinkle two rolls with poppy seeds & paprika and the other row with sesame seeds.
11. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more