7 things I know about health: Stephanie Alexander
Stephanie Alexander knows a thing or two about wellbeing. She shares some of her top insights.
1. Sharing meals around a table with family and friends is one of the best ways to enjoy and celebrate fresh food and connect with each other – both fundamental to good health.
2. Grow what you can and buy fresh, local, unprocessed foods wherever possible.
3. The easiest things to grow, wherever you are, are herbs and salad greens – freshly harvested leaves can be incorporated into every daily menu.
4. Michael Pollan, who has written widely on our relationship with food, has the most simple, easy-to-follow advice: Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.
5. Enjoy a great breakfast and try to eat three meals a day – low blood sugar is more likely to lead to bad choices.
6. Plan your day’s eating, and food shopping, depending on your activities and where you will be.
7. Be physically active – find something you enjoy doing and do it regularly, be it walking, gym, yoga, dancing…
Learn more about the wonderful work of the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation and its role in spreading good food knowledge throughout Australian primary schools at kitchengardenfoundation.org.au
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more