Roast loin of pork with baked apples and quinoa stuffing recipe
This decadent roast is the perfect recipe for a lazy Sunday afternoon with family.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. To make the stuffing, bring stock to the boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside for 5–10 minutes to steam. Fluff grains with a fork and set aside.
2. Heat a separate frying pan sprayed with oil over medium heat. Add leek and celery, season and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic sage and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add parsley, walnuts, cranberries, sweet potato and quinoa and mix well to combine.
3. To prepare the pork, preheat oven to 220°C. Score the pork skin at 1cm intervals. Turn over and spread quinoa stuffing over the inside of the pork meat. Roll up and tie with cooking string to secure. Rub skin with sea salt. Transfer to a rack in a large baking pan and cook for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 180°C and cook for a further 40 minutes.
4. Prick the apples all over with a fork. Spray lightly with oil spray and arrange in roasting pan with pork. Cook with pork for a further 20–30 minutes. The meat should be cooked through and the skin crispy. Transfer to a board and cover with foil.
5. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Remove string before carving. Serve with apples.
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more