Pumpkin and pea risotto recipe
Nothing says comfort like a creamy risotto – and this one is as light as it is tasty
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Chop pumpkin into squares and boil in a pot of water under tender.
2. In a large pot heat olive oil on medium temperature, add chopped shallots/onions and sauté until clear.
3. Add rice and stir through. Immediately add stock until rice is covered.
4. Control heat accordingly; the rice should cook but not boil. Continue to stir. Every time the liquid absorbs, add some more – never let it dry, or it will stick to the bottom of the pan!
5. Once all the stock has been absorbed start adding white wine, a cup at a time until absorbed. Make sure you watch your pumpkin! When it’s done, you can drain the cooking water into your risotto for extra nutrients. Keep the cooked pumpkin aside.
6. Keep stirring and adding water until the rice is al dente. At this point, add the cooked pumpkin and stir through.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Just before dishing up, stir through frozen peas – the heat of the risotto will defrost them and they will be fresh and crunchy.
9. Dish up and top with fresh herbs.
Here's how to eat home made meals every nightRead more
Even the fussiest eaters will love these recipes.Read more
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more