Porcini mushroom and kale buckwheat risotto recipe
A creamy, comforting risotto, full of the flavoursome goodness of mushrooms
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Pop your dried porcini into a small dish and cover with boiling water. Set aside.
2. Pour your stock into a small saucepan and bring it to the boil whilst preparing your other ingredients. Once boiling, lower the heat to a gentle simmer.
3. Heat a large saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Add the coconut oil, followed by the onion and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the buckwheat and sauté for a couple of minutes until well coated, stirring continuously. Pour in about 1/2 cup of broth and stir gently until the liquid has absorbed.
4. Drain your porcini mushrooms and slice. Add them to the saucepan with the other mushrooms and another 1/2 cup liquid. Stir gently until the liquid has absorbed. Now add in the kale and another 1/2 cup liquid and continue the process.
5. With the last 1/2 cup of stock throw in your parsley and some good pinches of sea salt. The process of adding liquid and absorption will take 15-20 minutes. Buckwheat has a good chew so don't expect it to go soft. Once the liquid has completely absorbed add the coconut milk and heat, stirring for 3 minutes or so to thicken and heat. Season to taste.
6. Serve with extra chopped, fresh parsley on the top.
This recipe appears in the be. Warm Up recipe book.
Here's how to eat home made meals every nightRead more
Even the fussiest eaters will love these recipes.Read more