Mexican party cups recipe
Brighten up any fiesta with these spice-infused, protein-rich, deliciously flavoursome parcels.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 12 hole Texas muffin pan with oil and lightly spray, both sides of the tortillas with oil.
2. Press 1 tortilla into each muffin hole. Weigh each down with baking paper and fill with uncooked rice. Bake for eight to 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool in pan. Repeat until all tortillas are cooked. Cool, store in an airtight container until required.
3. Sauté onions, garlic and chilli in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add cumin. Add beans and cook for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
4. Divide lettuce between tortillas cups. Top with bean mixture.
5. Toss avocado in 1/4 cup of lime juice and spoon into cups.
6. Top with tomato, coriander, diced hard-boiled egg and sour cream.
Here's how to eat home made meals every nightRead more
Even the fussiest eaters will love these recipes.Read more
Tasty fritters with a zesty lime dressingRead more
Colourful veggies, filling chickpeas and a kick of spice mak...Read more