Beef and winter veggie stew recipe
A tasty one pot winter warmer to soothe the soul.
If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
What to do
1. Heat an oil sprayed non stick fry pan over high heat and cook meat in batches until browned and add to slow cooker.
2. Add onion to pan and cook over low to medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add garlic, celery and thyme and continue to cook for a few minutes then add to slow cooker.
4. Degalaze pan with beef stock, making sure to scrape all the browned bits stuck on the pan and add to slow cooker with chunks (except brussels sprouts), bay leaves, sauces and salt & pepper.
5. Cover and cook for 6 hours.
6. Add brussel sprouts and continue to cook for another 20 minutes, adjust seasonings.
7. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Recipes supplied by Weigh It Up
Isabella and Sofia Bliss share love of cookingRead more
Prawn ravioli recipe from Sofia and Isabella BlissRead more