“Just Freaking Do It”: Michelle Bridges on achieving your goals
Here are some of the fitness guru's secrets to success.
The real essence of my job is changing the way people think, because if you can change the way people think, people can then change their lives. That’s what I love about training, and it applies to all facets of your life, not just health and fitness – your family, career, relationships, everything.
So what do you want? Here’s how you can achieve anything you set out to do…
1. Ask yourself, “What do you want?" Whether it’s to run a half marathon or to lose 5 kilos, knowing what you want is the first step to making any kind of change.
2. Believe in yourself. You have to believe that you can achieve what you want. Having belief in yourself can be the difference between giving up after one setback, and pushing on until you get where you want to be.
3. Have a plan. You need a blueprint. Remember, a tantrum is not a plan – strong plans and real changes never come out of a meltdown. You must take action!
4. Slay the excuses. What excuses or stories are you listening to? So the real question is, what are you prepared to sacrifice for what you want?
5. Just Freaking Do It. What can you do today to get the ball rolling? In my experience, once you take that first step, the next step appears. But you need to take that step.