If you’re missing a thing or two, tick the items you need to add to your shopping list.
Who’s doing the shopping?
Send the shopping list straight to their inbox.
What to do
1. Pulse the almonds in a food processor until a coarse breadcrumb consistency is reached.
2. Add the apricots one by one, continuing to pulse.
3. Repeat with the dates.
4. Add the shredded coconut and coconut oil, and give it one more good pulse.
5. The mix should adhere when pressed but not be overly wet and sticky. Add some more coconut or ground almonds if it is, or an extra date or two if the mixture is dry.
6. Roll the mixture into balls the size of a walnut shell, then coat them in more shredded coconut.
7. Store in an airtight container. These bliss balls keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe from Eat This, My Friend – Everyday vegetarian recipes for sharing by Jade O’Donahoo, published by Hardie Grant Books, RRP $24.99