If you have a taste for good food and wine, head on down to Sydney’s premier gourmet festival and discover new delicacies, watch Australia’s best chefs and industry experts in action, and sample the finest tastes from top dining destinations and over 100 artisan producers and exhibitors.
The 6th annual Taste of Sydney festival presents a feast of delicious fare, all against a backdrop of live bands, entertainment and pop-up attractions, creating a lively atmosphere that is sure to satisfy all appetites.
Here’s our pick of six highlights of the menu this year.
1. Country Kitchen – A skill-sharing hub centred around sustainable food culture, featuring cooking demonstrations, discussions, tastings and more, hosted by Rebecca Sullivan of Dirty Girl Kitchen.
2. Lurpak Cookery School – A series of 30-minute cooking classes focused on simple, quality ingredients.
3. Food and Beverage Matching Masterclass Inspired by Celebrity Cruises – A tasting experience that doubles as an expert lesson in pairing gourmet delights with the right drop.
4. Tasmanian Pavilion – The finest seafood producers, bakeries, wineries, distilleries and butchers from the island state come together to offer their delicious produce.
5. Taste Kitchen – Sydney’s top chefs share the secrets of their favourite dishes, offering tips to inspire and delight festival goers.
6. Dilmah Chef’s Skillery in association with Australian Gourmet Traveller – Local and international chefs showcase their unique skills and share tricks of the trade, and visitors can get the inside scoop at an intimate Q and A with the culinary masters.
Taste of Sydney runs from 13-16 March 2014 at Centennial Park. For more information visit tasteofsydney.com.au