The festive season is a time of year when many of us are looking for ways to give – but sadly, when you’re rushing around trying to complete your long Christmas to-do list, it can be hard to find the time. The Medibank Community Fund shares five great ideas for easy ways you can give back to your community during the holiday season.
1. Buy Fairtrade. You have the power to do something amazing – the power to help farmers build better futures for themselves, and improve working conditions around the world. You can do all this buy purchasing Fairtrade tea, coffee or chocolate. Find out more and search for Fairtrade products at fairtrade.com.au
2. Support your local social enterprises. Social enterprises are commercially viable businesses with a purpose of generating social impact. For example, by buying a copy of The Big Issue or a coffee from STREAT you are helping to positively change the lives of disadvantaged people in our community. To find social enterprises in your area visit socialtraders.force.com/ased
3. Make a donation. If you can’t spare any time, donating money and/or goods to charitable organisations is always appreciated. Even a small donation can make a big difference. To find a cause to support, visit givenow.com.au
4. Give a gift to the disadvantaged. Donate gifts or money to charities such as The Smith Family and help put a smile on a disadvantaged child’s face this Christmas. Find out more at thesmithfamily.com.au
5. Give blood. Blood donations are always needed – and the Australian Red Cross Blood Service’s‘12 Days of Donation’ between Christmas Eve and 4 January is the perfect time. Your support at this time can give someone the best gift ever. You can make anappointment to donate blood by calling 13 14 95 or find out more at donateblood.com.au
Find out more about the Medibank Community Fund at medibankcf.com.au