Try adding macadamias to a salad for an interesting texture
For the salad:
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon macadamia oil
¼ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes (optional)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthways, thinly sliced
¼ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
½ cup unsalted macadamias, roasted, roughly chopped
1. Combine the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, macadamia oil, chilli flakes (if using) and garlic in a medium sized bowl. Add the zucchini slices and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Add the parsley, cherry tomatoes and macadamias, mix well. Place in a serving bowl and serve with macadamia parmesan crisps.
For the Parmesan crisps:
2 cups Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 tablespoon macadamias, finely chopped
freshly ground black pepper, to season
1. Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Mix together the Parmesan and macadamias and season with freshly ground black pepper.
3. Place heaped tablespoons of mixture on the prepared trays leaving 5cm space in between and bake for 7 minutes or until golden.
This recipe was provided by Australian Macadamias.