Fresh, healthy Vietnamese Pho soup recipe you can make at home.
This healthy, fresh soup is packed with flavour and its bright, leafy ingredients present beautifully.
150g chicken breast fillet
100g of dry rice noodles
15g sliced dried shitake mushrooms – soaked in 1 cup boiling water for 5 minutes
600ml chicken stock
2 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
3 bunches baby bok choy- leaves separated and cut in half
1½ cup bean shoots
2 small red chilli – thinly sliced
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs thinly sliced chives
12 mint leaves
4 sprigs of coriander
2 tsp fried shallots (in Asian section of supermarket)
1. Place chicken fillet in the freezer for 30 minutes before slicing very thinly.
2. Bring stock and sauces to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet directions.
3. Add mushrooms and most of the soaking water, return to the boil and add chicken pieces and cook for 2 minutes, add bok choy and cook for another minute. Chicken should be white without any pink flesh.
4. Place drained noodles in a soup bowl, add bean shoots, chicken, bok choy, mushrooms and ladle over the stock.
5. Add chilli, lemon juice, herbs and shallots to serve
Freeze or cook the remaining slices of chicken to use for sandwiches and lunch salads.
Recipe provided by Weigh It Up.