Crisp green peas add a colourful flourish to this classic combination.
1 large handful (about 1 cup) of sugar snap peas, topped and tailed and strings removed
1 large handful (about 1 cup) of snow peas, topped and tailed and strings removed
1 litre water
1 handful of mint, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
100 g feta
For the Dressing
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Bring water to boil in the saucepan.
2. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
3. Blanch the peas for 30 seconds. Drain and leave in the colander to cool.
4. To make the dressing, mash the garlic and salt with the mortar and pestle, add lemon juice and honey and whisk in olive oil.
5. Place cooled pea pods and mint in the mixing bowl and mix through carefully.
6. Add three-quarters of the dressing to the salad and toss.
7. Season to taste.
8. Place salad on the serving platter, crumble feta over the top and drizzle over the remaining dressing.
Recipe provided by the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation.