Zucchini noodles with cherry tomatoes and avocado sauce recipe
Replace your pasta with fresh ribbons of zucchini for a deliciously light feast.
1 stalk of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2 large zucchinis
1 bunch of fresh herbs - dill, coriander and basil (set some aside for garnish)
1 large avocado
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 pinch of sea salt
1 pinch of ground black pepper
1. Using a spiraliser, turn the zucchini into spaghetti. If you don't have a spiraliser you can always use a peeler and create strips lengthways down the zucchini.
2. Using a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and lightly sauté the zucchini, then remove from heat.
3. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
4. Stir sauce through the zucchini spaghetti, then top with cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs.
5. Serve immediately or chilled.